walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

What makes a perfect hill...... Cul Mor has it all

What makes a perfect hill...... Cul Mor has it all

by dogplodder » Fri May 20, 2016 1:07 pm

Route description: Cùl Mòr

Corbetts included on this walk: Cùl Mòr

Date walked: 13/05/2016

Distance: 13.5 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: What makes a perfect hill...... Cul Mor has it all

Postby dogplodder » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:08 am

tall-story wrote:I was up there just this weekend past 4/5 June and did the two Cul`s what a superb day out if a bit tiring in the heat there was at the weekend. The wee dugs feet were a bit raw after but she is better now :) Thanks C :clap:

I miss taking my dogs on the longer days now and they'd still come if they got the chance but I need to judge it as to what's fair on them as their joints aren't what they were. Come to that nor are mine. :think:
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby SusieThePensioner » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:23 pm

Kathleen, it isn't very often that I read any trip reports now, for varying reasons. However, when I saw that you are the WINNER, I decided to have a look :D

Yes, I'm one of those people who love the Assynt area and, of course, love to take photos of those instantly recognisable shapes (mountains) :lol:
Anyway, I did really enjoy reading your report as well as looking at those wonderful photos and I'm glad you've now added Cul Mor to your 'done' list!

Congratulations :clap:
SusieThePensioner

Munros:6   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:107
Wainwrights:156   

Postby dogplodder » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:22 am

SusieThePensioner wrote:Kathleen, it isn't very often that I read any trip reports now, for varying reasons. However, when I saw that you are the WINNER, I decided to have a look :D

Yes, I'm one of those people who love the Assynt area and, of course, love to take photos of those instantly recognisable shapes (mountains) :lol:
Anyway, I did really enjoy reading your report as well as looking at those wonderful photos and I'm glad you've now added Cul Mor to your 'done' list!

Congratulations :clap:

Susie how lovely to hear from you! I've missed your input on WH - along with a few other well known names - and particularly seeing your great photography. Thanks so much for your encouraging words - and please keep posting! :D
dogplodder

Postby Backpacker Andrew » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi. I was interested in your report as I am planning a backpack in May which goes over Cul Mor. Two questions:

(1) My prospective route descends Cul Mor from the NW end of Sron Gharbh into Coire Gorm. How feasible is this? I don't mind some easy scrambling but will be carrying a heavy pack.

(2) Would you mind if I used one of your photos for my JustGiving page? I am using this walk to raise funds for the AMAR Foundation.

Cheers,
Andrew.
Backpacker Andrew
Scrambler

Postby dogplodder » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Backpacker Andrew wrote:Hi. I was interested in your report as I am planning a backpack in May which goes over Cul Mor. Two questions:

(1) My prospective route descends Cul Mor from the NW end of Sron Gharbh into Coire Gorm. How feasible is this? I don't mind some easy scrambling but will be carrying a heavy pack.

(2) Would you mind if I used one of your photos for my JustGiving page? I am using this walk to raise funds for the AMAR Foundation.

Honest answer is I don't know.... but there may be others on here who would know how feasible that would be with a heavy pack.

Happy for you to use the photo - and thanks for asking. All the best with your trip! :D
dogplodder

Postby SummitViews » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:03 pm

Walked Cul Mor today with the Mrs
Lots of clag and very few views , but after reading this magnificent report , you have literally filled in all the gaps.
Cheers , excellent work :clap:
SummitViews
Mountaineer

Munros:31   

Postby dogplodder » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:54 pm

SummitViews wrote:Walked Cul Mor today with the Mrs
Lots of clag and very few views , but after reading this magnificent report , you have literally filled in all the gaps.
Cheers , excellent work :clap:

Sorry you didn't get the views. It's a fabulous area so maybe worth a revisit sometime? :wink:
dogplodder

Postby Buster1958 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:15 pm

Did Cul Mor today 27 June 2022 having had two days of brutal winds; but today the weather was kind. Strange as it may seem, I read our report after the walk but have to agree with you on so many levels! First that fairly flat start (gets the 66 year old legs going), then the well cairned boulder section, followed by a lovey little scramble to the summit - hands on, but no great exposure. And then the views!! To die for. I love Assynt. My second visit; not my last!!
Buster1958
Mountaineer

Hewitts:6

Postby Tringa » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:24 pm

Only just seen your excellent report and photos - really enjoyed reading and looking.

I agree there is something special about Assynt.

I think if someone only ever did one hill that one should be Stac Pollaidh. The view north from the col is one of the best.

Thanks for a great report.

Dave
Tringa

25 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland