walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Each, Day 5 of the Corbett Adventure

Beinn Each, Day 5 of the Corbett Adventure


Postby The Rodmiester » Thu May 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Route description: Beinn Each from Loch Lubnaig

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Each

Date walked: 16/05/2016

Time taken: 2.5 hours

Distance: 7 km

Ascent: 690m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

After climbing Ben Vane in the morning and having plenty of time I thought why rush to the Callander campsite to pich the tent, there was plenty more in the tank and although the sun was shining I knew the first part would be sheltered somewhat going through the trees so why not give it ago, too nice a day not to really. Drove around to the Bridge over the river Ample where there is a parking bay, marked Ardchullarie More on the OS MAP.
a1.JPG
Walk up the driveway where you will find this building, take the path on the left hand side wich follows the river Ample upstream through the woods, there is a fence on your right hand side

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

a1.JPG
Walk up the driveway where you will find this building, take the path on the left hand side wich follows the river Ample upstream through the woods, there is a fence on your right hand side
a2.JPG
Path through the trees
a3.JPG
After heading though a thicker plantation of trees and crossing over a track keep going up through the trees until you come out at the tree line
a4.JPG
After walking about fifteen minutes you will find a signpost to the hill
a5.JPG
Just after crossing a burn turn up right and walk along the burn coming off the hill. Path is clear and pretty dry
a6.JPG
Looking back down the well used path
8.JPG
Looking back down the path near the summit
9.JPG
Stuc a Chroin and Ben Vorlich behind from the summit cairn
10.JPG
Summit photo
User avatar
The Rodmiester
Munro compleatist
 
Posts: 3358
Munros:104   Corbetts:193
Grahams:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:60   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   
Joined: Aug 15, 2012
Location: Carnoustie

Re: Beinn Each, Day 5 of the Corbett Adventure

Postby Jaxter » Thu May 26, 2016 9:38 pm

I really enjoyed Beinn Each, despite seeing nothing from the top :lol: Really enjoyable climb (despite being a corbett :wink: ) looks like you got the views too! :clap:
User avatar
Jaxter
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 1057
Munros:199   Corbetts:103
Grahams:40   Donalds:45
Sub 2000:29   Hewitts:39
Wainwrights:53   
Joined: Aug 8, 2011
Location: Glasgow

Re: Beinn Each, Day 5 of the Corbett Adventure

Postby The Rodmiester » Fri May 27, 2016 9:07 am

Jaxter wrote:I really enjoyed Beinn Each, despite seeing nothing from the top :lol: Really enjoyable climb (despite being a corbett :wink: ) looks like you got the views too! :clap:


A nice easy hill for an evening stroll, with good views, pity you had none, but the next day at Ben Ledi the cloud came in and I missed the summit views, never mind, next time. Just good getting some hill time in :D
User avatar
The Rodmiester
Munro compleatist
 
Posts: 3358
Munros:104   Corbetts:193
Grahams:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:60   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   
Joined: Aug 15, 2012
Location: Carnoustie

Re: Beinn Each, Day 5 of the Corbett Adventure

Postby PeteR » Fri May 27, 2016 9:56 am

Some week you had Rod......visiting a lot of my choices for winter walking. Agree with you that this would make a nice evening stroll.
User avatar
PeteR
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 1913
Munros:279   Corbetts:140
Grahams:81   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:145   Hewitts:3
Joined: Jan 27, 2010
Location: North Ayrshire

Re: Beinn Each, Day 5 of the Corbett Adventure

Postby Jaxter » Fri May 27, 2016 10:42 am

The Rodmiester wrote:
Jaxter wrote:I really enjoyed Beinn Each, despite seeing nothing from the top :lol: Really enjoyable climb (despite being a corbett :wink: ) looks like you got the views too! :clap:


A nice easy hill for an evening stroll, with good views, pity you had none, but the next day at Ben Ledi the cloud came in and I missed the summit views, never mind, next time. Just good getting some hill time in :D


Aye there's always another time! I carried on along the ridge to Stuc a Chroin and it was lovely by then, so not a total loss :wink:
User avatar
Jaxter
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 1057
Munros:199   Corbetts:103
Grahams:40   Donalds:45
Sub 2000:29   Hewitts:39
Wainwrights:53   
Joined: Aug 8, 2011
Location: Glasgow

Re: Beinn Each, Day 5 of the Corbett Adventure

Postby The Rodmiester » Fri May 27, 2016 12:54 pm

Jaxter wrote:
The Rodmiester wrote:
Jaxter wrote:I really enjoyed Beinn Each, despite seeing nothing from the top :lol: Really enjoyable climb (despite being a corbett :wink: ) looks like you got the views too! :clap:


A nice easy hill for an evening stroll, with good views, pity you had none, but the next day at Ben Ledi the cloud came in and I missed the summit views, never mind, next time. Just good getting some hill time in :D


Aye there's always another time! I carried on along the ridge to Stuc a Chroin and it was lovely by then, so not a total loss :wink:


Good thinking, it worked out very well for you :D
User avatar
The Rodmiester
Munro compleatist
 
Posts: 3358
Munros:104   Corbetts:193
Grahams:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:60   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   
Joined: Aug 15, 2012
Location: Carnoustie

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).



Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?



Return to Walk reports - Scotland

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bcraig, Coop, garethbagger, tichmacd and 51 guests