walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Pap and Fiannaidh

Pap and Fiannaidh

Postby Ian Bayne » Fri May 27, 2016 11:23 am

Munros included on this walk: Sgòrr nam Fiannaidh (Aonach Eagach)

Fionas included on this walk: Pap of Glencoe

Date walked: 24/05/2016

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 1100m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Day 2 . The pap and Sgorr nann Fiannaidh Walked along the road from the camp to the start but a herd of coos had a different idea about us going thru their field saw apath about 200yrds back and took that route a path takes you right up to the beallach then a nice wee scramble to the top 2hrs. From the top I could pick out the route to Fiannaidh . Another good day not as warm as the day before, a chilly wind but clear and dry
It took us about 1.5hrs to reach the ridge and a short walk to the cairn once more great views Bidean the moor and the ridge . (to much of a coward to do that) . Stayed up there for about 30min then decided to head back at the top of the ridge I decided to take a different route back mistake there is a track that branches off to the left which takes you to right hand side of the Clachaig gully by the time I followed the path down to far in loose rock shale and a couple of scrambly bits Jake managed it allright but had to manhandle Pip down a few bits probably the worst descent I have ever done . Thankfully got to the Clachaig a beer than a walk back to the campsite then another beer Job Done.
Attachments
SAM_0570.JPG
what another hill
SAM_0571.JPG
SAM_0575.JPG
SAM_0582.JPG
SAM_0584.JPG
SAM_0588.JPG
top of the pap
SAM_0586.JPG
the next target
SAM_0592.JPG
SAM_0593.JPG
the route up
SAM_0597.JPG
SAM_0596.JPG
no daeing that
SAM_0598.JPG
SAM_0643.JPG
Fiannaidh top
SAM_0606.JPG
SAM_0604.JPG
SAM_0610.JPG
along way down
SAM_0627.JPG
SAM_0647.JPG
Ian Bayne
Mountain Walker

Munros:184   Corbetts:39
Fionas:13   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:12   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland