walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A First & Memorable Wild Camp @ Loch nan Eun

A First & Memorable Wild Camp @ Loch nan Eun

by jupe1407 » Tue May 31, 2016 8:16 am

Route description: Glas Tulaichean and Carn an Righ, Spittal of Glenshee

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Iutharn Mhor, Glas Tulaichean

Date walked: 28/05/2016

Time taken: 26 hours

Distance: 23.51 km

Ascent: 1125m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: A First & Memorable Wild Camp @ Loch nan Eun

Postby Alteknacker » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:38 pm

If the pics are anything to go by, it was a truly memorable experience. And the icing on the cake must be that the beasties were asleep next to the Loch (they definitely weren't elsewhere in the Highlands!).

You'll be completely hooked now.....
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:169   Corbetts:29
Hewitts:237
Wainwrights:100   

Re: A First & Memorable Wild Camp @ Loch nan Eun

Postby jupe1407 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:24 pm

spiderwebb wrote:Wonderful pictures JP.

I did the four a while back and recall at the time thinking what a beautiful spot that Loch would be for a camp. The round itself was pretty good too as with so many of the less spectacular hills (being polite :wink: ) further detailed investigations or alternatives routes can make fro rewarding trips like yours. Great stuff :D :D

Thanks Dave. I first noticed it in May 2014, and have since seen a couple of trip reports of that exact spot. There are a couple of other nice grassy "platforms" around the edge as well. It was a wonderful experience though, even if the 24 hour grouse calls were a minor irritation :lol:

Alteknacker wrote:If the pics are anything to go by, it was a truly memorable experience. And the icing on the cake must be that the beasties were asleep next to the Loch (they definitely weren't elsewhere in the Highlands!).

You'll be completely hooked now.....

I think they may be awake tomorrow. I'm heading up to Linn of Dee, and if past midge experience is anything to go by it'll be a record time for getting out of the car and walking :lol: :lol:
jupe1407
Mountain Walker

Munros:238   Corbetts:21
Grahams:6   
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:1

6 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).
Previous

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland