walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Fabulous Fisherfield - five fine fiends in the wilderness!

Fabulous Fisherfield - five fine fiends in the wilderness!

by Jaxter » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:14 pm

Route description: Fisherfield 6, from Shenavall

Munros included on this walk: A' Mhaighdean, Beinn Tarsuinn, Mullach Coire Mhic Fhearchair, Ruadh Stac Mòr, Sgùrr Bàn

Date walked: 28/05/2016

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Fabulous Fisherfield - five fine fiends in the wildernes

Postby past my sell by date » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:40 pm

Great report and photos - I effectively missed out on Ben Tarsuinn as I did it in a massive downpour - saw nothng - and had to retreat beyond it. Don't miss out on Beinn a Chlaidheimh though - I thought it much the best at least of the Eastern three - though I was there at sunrise :) Sorry - not trying to upstage you :lol:
past my sell by date
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:86
Fionas:27   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:146
Wainwrights:159   

Postby David-Main » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Fantastic report Jackie, The bike looks a good idea from incheril where we plan to do it from when another window of opportunity on a weekend opens up. Well done Hugh and Martin :clap: :clap:
David-Main
Backpacker

Munros:280   Corbetts:47
Fionas:14   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:20   
Islands:21

Postby Jaxter » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:49 pm

rockhopper wrote:That looked enjoyable - a good way to approach and makes a change from the more normal northerly start - cheers :)

Cheers rockhopper - like to mix it up :wink: :D

past my sell by date wrote:Great report and photos - I effectively missed out on Ben Tarsuinn as I did it in a massive downpour - saw nothng - and had to retreat beyond it. Don't miss out on Beinn a Chlaidheimh though - I thought it much the best at least of the Eastern three - though I was there at sunrise :) Sorry - not trying to upstage you :lol:

Thanks! That photo is awesome, so atmospheric :clap: Aye, I'm going back to enjoy the corbetts, they look amazing :D

David-Main wrote:Fantastic report Jackie, The bike looks a good idea from incheril where we plan to do it from when another window of opportunity on a weekend opens up. Well done Hugh and Martin :clap: :clap:

Cheers - it was a tough cycle, unless you're much fitter than we were :wink: Hope you get the weather :D
Jaxter
Wanderer

Munros:217   Corbetts:141
Fionas:91   Donalds:49+13
Sub 2000:131   Hewitts:69
Wainwrights:81   Islands:35

Postby Pedro52 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:14 am

Wonderful report with which I can more recently acquiesce.
Myself and a fellow pensioner did the Fabulous Fisherfield Five last weekend (13/14th July 2018) starting and finishing at Dundonnell. We wild camped on the bealach between Tarsuinn and A'Mag.
The 24 hour trip took in 2,500m ascent, 40km walking, 3 hours "sleep" in a howling gale but the views from A'Mag at 5am were, as you so eloquently describe, unforgettable.
I intend to compile and post my own report when I get out of intensive care.............
Pedro52
Walker

Munros:246   Corbetts:2

10 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland