walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cuillin Walk

Cuillin Walk

Postby seadog » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Route description: Sgùrr Alasdair

Munros included on this walk: Sgùrr Alasdair, Sgùrr na Banachdich

Date walked: 03/08/2010

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The wife an me went back to Skye again this year and I ticked another two Munros I cant remember the exact days as the date on my camera was wrong but it was the first week in June, the first day I went on to Sgurr Alasdair via the Great Stone Shoot which was not too bad and I thought I was OK when nearing the top of the Shoot I was passed by a family of six two adults two teenagers two kids and a dog still as I keep saying its not a race and it was such a nice day I was happy to be there, and then I was at the top and the views were worth the effort spent quite a long time having my tea and taking some photos the father asked me what way I was going back down as he and his teenage sons were going over Sgurr Sgumain but I decided to go back down the Great Stone Shoot and back out the way I had come in.
A couple of days later I went into Coire na Banachdich and up onto Sgurr nan Banachdich it was more or less the same way I went onto Sgurr Dearg last year when I ticked the In Pin, as you will know there are three peaks on Sgurr nan Banachdich and me being me I went up the three of them but as it was another good day I was in no rush to get down again so had my tea had a wee chat to some others on the top before setting off down it was then I made a wee mistake headed down by Sgurr nan Gobhar ridge and then shortly after about NG 436226 saw two guys heading into Coire an Eich but as I wanted back to the camp site descended into Coire na Banachdich, not one of my better decisions but eventually got down to the burn and retraced my steps back to the camp site, another long but enjoyable day, then on the 7th June we packed up and headed for Aviemore for a couple of weeks so if I am successful with this report ill have another one from there.
Seadog
S4010038.JPG
An Stack Scree from Sgurr Alasdair
S4010057.JPG
Loch Brittle
S4010055.JPG
Great Stone Shoot
S4010053.JPG
Sgurr Mhic Choinnich
S4010052.JPG
An Stack Scree
S4010051.JPG
Great Stone Shoot
S4010050.JPG
Lochan Coire Lagan
S4010049.JPG
Sgurr Mhic Choinnich
S4010048.JPG
Loch Brittle
S4010045.JPG
An Stack Scree & In Pin
S4010044.JPG
Great Stone Shoot
S4010042.JPG
Top of Sgurr Alasdair
S4010041.JPG
Top of Sgurr Alasdair
S4010040.JPG
Loch Brittle from top of Sgurr Alasdair
S4010039.JPG
Top of Sgurr Alasdair
S4010038.JPG
An Stack Scree from Sgurr Alasdair
seadog
Munro compleatist

Munros:119   

Re: Cuillin Walk

Postby skuk007 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Some nice photos there, always great to see how ragged the Skye peaks are, I think! Still got them all to do.
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland