walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Monday Morning Walk

Monday Morning Walk

Postby grpat4 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:20 pm

Route description: Ben Lomond

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 23/05/2016

Time taken: 3.5 hours

Distance: 12 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I woke up early on a Monday morning, my second day of a weeks holiday.
I got up at 7.30 and decided I would head to walk up Ben Lomond. As you can guess, I didn't put much thought into rush hour traffic as I have to pass through the Centre of Glasgow.

I managed to get to the car park and ready to start walking by 9.15, with a number of cars already in the car park, mostly tourists by the sounds of things.
This was the first time I had climbed Ben Lomond, so I decided that on the way up I would take the "Tourist route" which was under construction at a number of parts, which meant that due to the weather a couple of days prior that it was boggy at places, but overall quite a pleasant walk up. ImageSAM_0663 by Greg Paterson, on Flickr
The route wasn't very busy, I passed a couple and another guy on the way up, following the path was very easy, and (surprisingly) when I got to the top, I was the only one there, BONUS! Imagepic1 by Greg Paterson, on Flickr
On the way back down I choose to go the alternative route. As a number of reviews on here state, I much preferred the route I took on the way back down and when I walk up Ben Lomond again I would go the alternative route both ways!
I choose a perfect day for it (I have a habit of that!) which made for a clear view and excellent pictures! ImageSAM_0678 by Greg Paterson, on Flickr

I had finished my water/juice on the way down, wondering where I would get a drink, but once I joined the road to go back to the car-park there was a house with water (for a donation) which was definitely welcomed by myself.
grpat4

Munros:30   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland