walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sgurr nan Eag, Sgurr Dubh Mor and Sgurr Alasdair

Sgurr nan Eag, Sgurr Dubh Mor and Sgurr Alasdair

Postby canofirnbru » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:29 pm

Munros included on this walk: Sgùrr Alasdair, Sgùrr Dubh Mòr, Sgùrr nan Eag

Date walked: 05/06/2016

Time taken: 7.75 hours

Distance: 17.72 km

Ascent: 1505m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Drove to Skye the night before and slept in the car at the start of the walk in Glen Brittle.
There must have been walkers spending the night on the ridge as I could see the light from head torches when it was dark.
Fantastic views today when on the hills.
Hard going with it being so hot and no wind to cool me down.
I met an older chap on the top of Sgurr Dubh Mor who had canoed across the bay from Elgol and was climbing the hills on the south of the ridge. He was then going to run back to his canoe and make his way back to Elgol! :shock:

South Cuillin 3.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

IMG_2161-1.jpg
Sgurr Dubh na Da Bheinn and Sgurr Dubh Mor

IMG_2162-1.jpg
Sgurr Alasdair

IMG_2163-1.jpg
On top of Sgurr nan Eag

IMG_2173-1.jpg
The tiny summit area of Sgurr Dubh Mor

IMG_2188-1.jpg
Sgurr Alasdair

IMG_2193-1.jpg
Sgurr Mhic Choinnich

IMG_2195-1.jpg
In Pinn

IMG_2202-1.jpg
The Great Stone Chute, my way down
canofirnbru
Hill Bagger

Munros:5   Corbetts:85
Fionas:11   Donalds:24+11
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:1
Islands:6
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland