walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Meall Mor (Moy) - A windy day in the thick heather

Meall Mor (Moy) - A windy day in the thick heather

Postby AdamMcBean » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:09 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Meall Mòr (Moy)

Date walked: 25/03/2016

Time taken: 1 hours

Distance: 4 km

Ascent: 181m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This is a bit of a late report as i'm finally catching up on my reports and organizing my strava :clap:

This was back in March and not anything exciting but I took a few hours out one day and drove south on the A9 from Inverness. I stopped at the junction to the first forestry track on the left and set off. I walked through the forest and saw what was ahead of me:

A quick stop half way up to let the pup have a small break:

At the cairn with the A9 (south) in the background:

Down towards the forest and daviot area

I did try to do this sub 2000 when I went up Beinn a Bheulaich earlier in the year but it was going to be too long for the dog. http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=59960

Again, the only problem I could see with this hill was that there was no defined path and it was hiking through heather both up and down. Some great views of the A9 at the cairn but it was pretty windy and exposed.
AdamMcBean
Hill Bagger

Munros:3   Corbetts:1
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland