walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Lomond and Cruinn a Bheinn

Ben Lomond and Cruinn a Bheinn

Postby jim hutcheson » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:58 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Fionas included on this walk: Cruinn a'Bheinn

Date walked: 14/06/2016

Time taken: 8 hours

Ascent: 1300m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Was only intending to do Ben Lomond from the Ptarmigan Ridge route, however when I got to the summit, noticed the route down to Cruinn a Bheinn.Very little difficulty in reaching this hill, only obstacle was a Deer fence which didn't have a gate to go through, so a vault over that was required, and then aimed for the East side of the hill and pick a trail through the crags along that side, not a difficult route to do. The view over to the East ridge of Ben Lomond was worth the wander. You would have two options back, the route I took, joining the ATV track which brought you out at the cottage at Caliness and the walk back along the West Highland Way to Rowardennan , a frankly uninspiring five mile walk, or the option I would recommend, make your way back to the Ptarmigan Ridge path and walk out that way.
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

jim hutcheson
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:178
Fionas:107   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:93   Hewitts:10
Wainwrights:10   Islands:6

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland