walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Chno Dearg & Stob Coire Sgriodain

Chno Dearg & Stob Coire Sgriodain

Postby David Lyall » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:37 pm

Munros included on this walk: Chno Dearg, Stob Coire Sgriodain

Date walked: 18/06/2016

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 13 km

Ascent: 915m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

IMG_0907.JPG
Nice spot to set off from

IMG_0911.JPG

Had a great day climbing at Fersit after last Mondays very dull miserable walk.
We set off about 9 and followed the rout in walkhighlands. After following the track past the houses and farms I headed onto the moor land and in the general direction of the flank of Stob Coire Sgriodain it took a long time before I found a path so I was probably taking the wrong route. Once on the path the going got easier and the views along loch Treig and across to the Easains. We arrived at the top and enjoyed the views all round, Ben Nevis Glen Coe and miles of clear sky.
Fersit 1.jpg
Great veiw from the top Buachaille Etive more in the back ground

It was only 11.30 so we made a start for the other top before having a well earned break. Navigation was simple in the clear weather and we were soon at our second top of the day Chno Dearg.
Fersit 2.jpg
Zach on top of our 2nd top

We headed down but found no real path over the boggy ground we skirted down the side of the Fersit for a while and ended up on the Corrour path and headed back to the car for 3 then it was the long drive back to Dumbarton.
Fersit 3.jpg
I love old sheds I saw this one on the path back to the car.
David Lyall
Munro compleatist

Munros:200   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   

Re: Chno Dearg & Stob Coire Sgriodain

Postby Silverhill » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:32 pm

I love that view from Stob Choire Sgriodain to Loch Treig! :D For me it was a great reward for making it to the summit without having followed (found) the path. :roll:
Silverhill

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:8   Donalds:42
Sub 2000:28   

Re: Chno Dearg & Stob Coire Sgriodain

Postby David Lyall » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:27 am

Silverhill wrote:I love that view from Stob Choire Sgriodain to Loch Treig! :D For me it was a great reward for making it to the summit without having followed (found) the path. :roll:

Ye the path eluded me as well, it made for a hard accent.
David Lyall
Munro compleatist

Munros:200   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland