walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A jolly wee canter in the sunshine

A jolly wee canter in the sunshine

Postby Sspaterson » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:41 pm

Route description: Mayar and Driesh, Glen Clova

Munros included on this walk: Driesh, Mayar

Date walked: 18/06/2016

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 14.5 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Wee overnighter in the Glen Clova Hotel on the Friday (great nosh and atmospheric Climbers Bar) so as fresh as a daisy for the start of this. Me and hubby, no kids, first double Munro as a couple (despite being together 16 years).

Parked at Ranger Carpark (2 quid for the day) and headed off to Corrie Fee. It was a sublime morning after blowing a hoolie and chucking it down for most of the previous day.

Easy walking along track and up through the woods before emerging out from them into Corrie Fee - breathtaking. Plodded along the ever more gorgeous path up to waterfall and beyond to plateau before a gently climb onto Mayar summit where we stopped for a biscuit.

IMG_1450.jpg
The woods

Version 2.jpg
Corrie Fee

WP_20160618_10_35_45_Pro.jpg
Yours truly admiring Corrie Fee

IMG_1452.jpg
Husbando heading up to waterfall

WP_20160618_11_24_37_Pro.jpg
Me Just about to do 71st Munro (Mayar)

Next stop Dreish which is a pretty easy plod but making sure I touched every cairn on the way to the trig point, just in case. Cooried doon out the gentle breeze to eat more of our piece and admire the views.

IMG_1459.jpg
Husbando en route to Dreish

IMG_1460.jpg
Husbando approaching the shelter cairn on Dreish

Double backed to take the easy route off via Shank of Drumfollow, stopping regularly to ooh and aah about how high up we had been.

IMG_1461.jpg
The path home

Once into the woods it's another delightful wee wander back listening to the birds and the burn bubbling away.

Wearing my daughter's boots as my feet seemed to have gotten bigger :crazy: so no sore big toe but they were still tired by the time we got back to the car park. Finished with a refreshing paddle in the river to cool them off.
Sspaterson

Munros:207   Corbetts:13
Fionas:4   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:12   
Islands:38

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland