walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

CMD Arete

CMD Arete

Postby Sunny Speyside » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:29 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Nevis, Càrn Mòr Dearg

Date walked: 18/06/2016

Time taken: 9 hours

Distance: 18.4 km

Ascent: 1654m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I was only ever going to do Ben Nevis via the arête so was happy to wait for good day and competent companions...this was the day :D
Cloud free all day, could hardly take my eyes off the magnificent North Face, didn't even feel the pain of the climb up CMD and although nervous after reading a number of walk reports, the arête didn't look nearly so scary up close. Really enjoyed the scrambling and had only one wee wobble towards the end on a particularly narrow bit with nothing to hold onto :shock:
The slog up onto the Ben was 'rewarded' with the sight of more people on one summit than I have seen in total on all the Munros I have climbed over the past 4 years :crazy:

CMDarete.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

CMDarete2.JPG

RingOfSteall.JPG

Looking Down on Arete.JPG

OMG.JPG
Sunny Speyside
Stravaiging

Munros:183   Corbetts:32
Grahams:15   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:17   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland