walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Tinto is my first Donald :)

Tinto is my first Donald :)

Postby Castledweller » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:34 pm

Grahams included on this walk: Tinto

Donalds included on this walk: Tinto

Date walked: 30/06/2016

Time taken: 3 hours

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Tinto Hill ( my first Donald) by Teddy Crossley (12)

First week and third day of the summer holidays

We planned to climb the nearby Ben Cleuch but the weather was not favourable so we decided to travel to Glasgow and climb Tinto hill.

We packed the camel pack and some fruit along with the obligatory haribo sweets. When we arrived we ventured into the café at the bottom of the lane to use the loo and grab sandwiches to take with us before we started climbing as it was closer to lunchtime than we realised.

Then we travelled through the gate and we were off it took roughly 2 hours to the top - we didn’t have our 4 legged friend with us as we planned tea out on the way home.

We didn’t have too many struggles going up and had a couple of breaks on the way to look around at the lovely views. Eventually we made it up after a sandwich break We logged the geocache ( another family obsession ) at the top and stood for a photo or two. It was actually quite windy up there and it was a shame my mum at the end of June had to wear a woolly hat! When we had finished at the top we decided to try to run/jog down and made it down in just over half an hour. So a less than 3 hour round trip for us. The weather held out and we only had one short but sharp shower at the top.

So in short a lovely walk fairly easy great path nice views and a great beginners hill walk.

Thank you for reading Teddy Crossley
Castledweller
Mountaineer

Grahams:1   Donalds:2

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland