walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn chabhair

Beinn chabhair

Postby Coop » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:22 pm

Route description: Beinn Chabhair, from Inverarnan

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Chabhair

Date walked: 06/07/2016

Time taken: 5 hours

Ascent: 933m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Firstly cheers to all at WH for all the info, walk reports and knowledge I have gained so far in my short time walking.
Beinn chabhair started at the drovers and up past the falls.
From there its s bit of a bog all the way to the small lochan. As advised, keep north of the lochan and head upwards and the path up is soon picked up.
Stunning views all round today as I had left at 8 and reached the summit at 11.
I curse beinn a. Chroin everytime I see it as I fell down quite a way when I descended it.
Spent about 25 mins on the summit if beinn chabhair and the Lest we Forget flag pictures by the cairn were also included as is the norm when I climb.
The must was starting to come in and some rain was dropping, so the fleece went on, followed by the wetproof and down I started.
At present there is a small site (gas or water pipe laying) which is a good waypoint to head for ( although it is an eyesore). But biggies on the way down as. It was now raining.
Good views of the falls as they were in full flow. Mind your footing going through the ferns on the rocks.
Headed into the drovers and had a coffee and a bit of a heat.
Roll on next week for Beinn Narnain. Should have done it when I went up Ime ( but I never!)
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland