walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Vorlich

Vorlich

Postby mikiede » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Route description: Ben Vorlich via Loch Sloy

Munros included on this walk: Ben Vorlich (Loch Lomond)

Date walked: 05/08/2010

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 13 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Travelled up to Invergluss more in trepadation than eagerness. My 13 year old loves munro bagging. I hate it!. Having read about this route being without easy paths etc i really didn't fancy it. Truth is i found it pretty easy. The small cairn everyone talks about situated between the bridge and the dam was pretty easy to find. The path from here more or less took us straight to the summit. I was surprised how easilly i followed it. Tough and steep for 2/3rds of the ascent then levelled out not too bad. Just kept following the narrow path and hey presto, summit reached.
One word of warning though.... Don't wear Red. My son was pretty worried by the humungous (Is that a word?) BULL that was hanging around with the cattle. Pretty rare to see a bull in open land and we stuck close to some huge boulders just in case it decided the Red stuff was annoying him.
Enjoyable walk all in all.
mikiede
Munro compleatist

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland