walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Past the gates of Mordor to Mount Doom - a Mullardoch round

Past the gates of Mordor to Mount Doom - a Mullardoch round

by mrssanta » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:36 pm

Munros included on this walk: An Riabhachan, An Socach (Affric), An Socach (Mullardoch), Càrn nan Gobhar (Loch Mullardoch), Mullach na Dheiragain, Sgùrr na Lapaich, Sgùrr nan Ceathreamhnan, Toll Creagach, Tom a' Chòinich

Date walked: 13/07/2016

Time taken: 72 hours

Distance: 67 km

Ascent: 5100m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Past the gates of Mordor to Mount Doom - a Mullardoch ro

Postby mrssanta » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:00 pm

Huff_n_Puff wrote:Really enjoyed reading that ... and congrats for doing so much in evil weather :clap: :clap: The whole of Strath Glass is wonderful country and there's no harm in sipping it slowly (although I do take slowness to extremes I guess :roll: ). I look forward to your next sortie from the south :lol:

Thank you. we're not super fast either we just plod along. We'd enough food for another night but there was not really any other logical place to camp.
Beaner001 wrote:Aye another cracking report mrssanta :clap:
I remember crossing under the dam and thinking, I hope that huge valve doesn't open to let the water out the loch while we're crossing :shock:
You'll have another few trips North to come this year yet :D

We'd the same thought! it was just a small burn when we crossed it. I'm about out of holiday now as we have been taking trips to University open days - but maybe in the autumn.
Borderhugh wrote:Planning a trip to Middle Earth next week. Well done you 2! :clap:

Enjoy it - and don't forget to post a report!
dogplodder wrote:That reads like a a fun-filled but character-forming trip - thanks to the weather! :wink:

The story gets more exciting with each retelling I'm sure. And you never stop learning.
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Re: Past the gates of Mordor to Mount Doom - a Mullardoch ro

Postby zatapathique » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:02 pm

Great report and great trip - I like the expression "Scotland's favourite view".
I'm looking forward to reading more of your adventures and to doing all these fine hills myself one day.
zatapathique
Mountain Walker

Munros:96   Corbetts:4
Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:26   

10 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland