walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Gleouraich- Spidean Mailach

Gleouraich- Spidean Mailach

Postby Duncandsooz » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:21 am

Route description: Gleouraich and Spidean Mialach

Munros included on this walk: Gleouraich, Spidean Mialach

Date walked: 22/07/2016

Time taken: 5.05 hours

Distance: 13.3 km

Ascent: 1203m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Bit tired after yesterday as were Al Lou and Sue.

Drove to Fort William and booked into the Ben Nevis hotel - not my first choice but it was ok however it needs a bit of investment still bed was fine.

We has planned a jaunt in the Mamores but as we got up a bit late and had to drive to Aviemore after i thought this would be a good shorter walk.

Bought a new map in Nevis sport, lunch in tesco and a cup of tea in a lovely deli

We drove the the start and did the walkhighlands route reverse - I dislike climbing through bog but am ok with descending through it - the only alteration we made was at the burn crossing on the way down we headed for the estate road built recently to service a hydro scheme - not marked in the 414 map- and back to the road this came out 900m from the car park so an easy walk back and saved a bit of bog walking etc

view were great to the south glen shiel ridge to the north - sgurr na ciche to the south west

great day out
Duncandsooz
Mountaineer

Munros:244   Corbetts:4
Islands:11

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland