walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn nan Eun, Uamh Bheag

Beinn nan Eun, Uamh Bheag

Postby McMole » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Uamh Bheag

Donalds included on this walk: Beinn nan Eun, Uamh Bheag

Date walked: 19/07/2016

Time taken: 5.9 hours

Distance: 16 km

Ascent: 710m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A clockwise circuit on what was predicted to be the hottest day of the year. An earlier than normal start saw me on the first summit before the sun broke through the clouds. It was warm but a cooling breeze and patches of cloud kept the temperature down.
Beinn nan Eun Uamh Bheag route s.gif

The 1:25,000 OS map showa Uamh Beag with a trig point at 662m and two pointa at 664 - one to the north with a small cairn and the main summit to the west. I visited each and the log on my Garmin confirmed the main summit with the large cairn was the highest and suggested it was so by four metres.
Uamh Bheag summits profile.gif

It was a slow traverse with peat hags and lack of path both slowing the pace. I visited the waterfall on the Allt Ollach to take a photo but didn't find the cache mentioned in the 1:50,000 OS maps installed in my Garmin. I was at water level and I suspect it was somewhere above at the top of the cliff.
P1000116s.JPG
Allt Ollach waterfall
McMole
Walker

Munros:141   Corbetts:50
Fionas:40   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:149   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:4   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland