walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Middlefield Law

Middlefield Law

Postby jim hutcheson » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:50 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Middlefield Law

Date walked: 26/07/2016

Time taken: 1 hours

Distance: 3 km

Ascent: 150m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Had a bit of time to myself today so took the short journey down to Douglas and walked up Common Hill, didn't take long so thought I would include Middlefield Law at Muirkirk as well as I had seen it from Cairn Table on a previous visit to the area, looked as if it would give a nice viewpoint.
Short journey of about 20 minutes drive and I took the minor road to the left after Linburn and about half a mile along parked the car on the side of the road, enough space for 3 or 4 cars. Direct route from there, just climbed over the fence and walked through the tussocky grass and eventually I got onto an ATV track which I followed up to the summit. Good views towards Tinto and Cairn Table, however you do notice the encroachment of wind-farms round about that area, especially to the North round the Fenwick Moor area.
Short trip, only took about 30 minutes to get up to the trig point and as I was starting from the 300 metre height not too far to climb, one you could add on to your day if you were doing another route in that area.
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

jim hutcheson
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:178
Fionas:106   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:93   Hewitts:10
Wainwrights:10   Islands:6

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland