walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Kinlochard to Inversnaid (neep-free)

Kinlochard to Inversnaid (neep-free)

Postby Justalittlefurther » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Date walked: 26/07/2016

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 21 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

It was late for me to be setting off on a walk, afternoon as me and Heather set off up the steep path dubbed 'The Bear Tree Walk' that squelches its way up to join a larger forest track. We had wet feet within minutes but at least it wasn't raining, yet...

At Loch Dhu we were forced onto the main road by tree felling along Loch Chon. This diversion is dull and on a sunny day, which today was not, the road is terrifying to walk along. I guess that's a positive of all this rain.

Spirits rose as we left the main road and dodged the land slip along the small vaguely dry path. The prospect of cake drove us on and we were soon gorging on cake in Stronachlachar - well I was anyway.

Dreech. I had began the walk hopeful in shorts and a t-shirt but as the day wore on and the thick wet air forced cars to put on their headlights, I began to regret my shower-proof jacket and bare legs. It was cold and wet and though the Arrochar Alps provide a stunning view on a sunny day, the trudge along Loch Arklet was remarkably bleak.

This section of 'The Great Trossachs Path' greatly improves when you, after a short section along the road, cross the Arklet. The views of Loch Lomond put a spring in my step and we arrived in Inversnaid satisfied, if cold and very late, only to realise our lift had absconded.
Attachments
received_313226455734423.jpeg
Loch Arklet and the Arrochar Alps

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Justalittlefurther

Munros:25   Corbetts:9
Fionas:5   
Sub 2000:12   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland