walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

First Munro, I'm coming back!

First Munro, I'm coming back!

Postby Ixmucane » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:23 pm

Route description: Beinn Fhada (or Ben Attow)

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Fhada

Date walked: 22/07/1988

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was my first Munro in 1988 with my parents , now realised this was 28 years ago and my total is still only 28! It is also my most climbed, climbing it with venture scouts later the same year and again in 1997 with my fiance.

Shocked to discover my 1 a year average and plan to do something about it, returning on the 5th August 2016 with my 8 year old son (Beinn) to open his account hopefully including a 'Beinn' along the way, and restart mine which has been dormant for 11 years, last Munro was Ben More near Crianlarich in 2005!
Ixmucane
Mountain Walker

Munros:28   Corbetts:7
Donalds:2
Hewitts:29
Wainwrights:19   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland