walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

double takes

double takes

Postby glenn the goat » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:28 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Ard Crags, Knott Rigg, Ling Fell, Sale Fell

Date walked: 30/01/2009

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

4th Jan 2009
1st walk of the new year was across to Knott rigg and Ard crags, was very cold in the morning and very still , I chose to go via Crummock water on the off chance the water would be still and hopefully get some great shots and I wasn't wrong
108.JPG
View across to Melbrek

from here we drove to Sale fell and Ling fell, and a short drive down to Bassentwaite, where the views across to Skiddaw were stunning
finally a detour to keswick as the views had to be better with the sun setting and we were right
222.JPG
just below Friars crag

all in all a fantastic day, with over 400 photos between 2 of us
this was the first time in the two years we have been bagging we have had clear shots like these

this is the view from the park right down to Castle Crag
Attachments
192.JPG
Down Derwent water
177.JPG
Across to Skiddaw
glenn the goat

Hewitts:98
Wainwrights:214   

Re: double takes

Postby mountain coward » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:17 am

Some lovely pics there - I keep wanting one like that across Bassenthwaite to Skiddaw but it's never calm when I'm passing!:-( I've got quite a few of Crummock Water, Loweswater and Buttermere looking beautiful, calm and glassy though so it must be a feature of that valley (my favourite Lakeland valley scenery-wise anyway). Mine are in summer though which is unusual - it seems much easier to get the still, clear days in winter.

If I remember when I get home, I'll paste some of mine in that are similar (at work right now).
mountain coward

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland