walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cul Mor

Cul Mor

Postby soulminer » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Route description: Cul Mor

Corbetts included on this walk: Cul Mor

Date walked: 21/07/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Had been in Lochinver from the Saturday, had rested and was ready to start relaxing some more.
Sunday up at 7 ( long lie for a baker :D ) walked Brodie to Achmelvich via path behind the Albanach Hotel.
Monday The Fannaichs -Sgurr na Clach Geala and Sgurr nan Each, pouring -cats , dogs and buckets :shock: may write this one later.
Tuesday, drove to the smokehouse at Achilitibuie via the scenic route through Inverkirkaig- my wife sitting in the car with her hands over her eyes ' I doooon't like thiiiis :lol:
Had booked the R.I.B boot trip for 1 o'clock and wanted to get a little walk in first, so Cul Mor was the target. Woke up at usual time for work -4;30 am and looked out the bedroom window over to Cul Mor, the twin tops were bathed in clarity, time to go 8) Bag had been packed the night before so loaded the car with man, dog and baggage and sped off.

Arrived at the car park and it was still clear, but with approaching cloud. suited and booted and down the path towards our target. the sky was getting slightly cloudier and the tops were covered, but even at this time in the morning it was 'roastin', confident it would clear we marched onward.

Onward and upward with the views around clear and the tops still misted. Through the boggy part of the walk and Brodie on deer alert, well he had not had breakfast yet :lol: Followed the cairns to the small top and swung right across the coll to the ridge path with the mist now rolling in fast. Climbed steadily up the path and then scrambled over the boulders
and upwards to the summit. Drookit human and knackered hound :wink:

Started to clear slightly for Brodies more picturesque pose

A view of Suilven from a misty trig Point

Stood atop the trig point and could see blue sky above if I stretched my neck not the most comfortable position, so jumped down and had some refreshments.
Time to head back so as to enjoy the planned boat trip later.some more little piccies

Deer alert in action :lol:

Met a few people on the way back down and stood for a 'natter',then headed back to the car.
soulminer

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland