walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Fhidhleir & Sgarsoch: how I almost lost my mojo

Fhidhleir & Sgarsoch: how I almost lost my mojo

by BlackPanther » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:49 pm

Route description: An Sgarsoch and Càrn an Fhidhleir

Munros included on this walk: An Sgarsoch, Càrn an Fhìdhleir (Càrn Ealar)

Date walked: 27/07/2016

Time taken: 10 hours

Distance: 43.3 km

Ascent: 1061m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Fhidhleir & Sgarsoch: how I almost lost my mojo

Postby BlackPanther » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:52 pm

Wow, I didn't expect such an emotional debate over my set of complaints :lol: :lol: :lol: Many thanks for all kind words... I was a bit unwell and away from WH for a few days but back on track now and hoping for more Munros Sat/Sun.

Since the above described story we suffered another blow. We had to abandon an attempt on Foinaven due to horrendous winds high on the ridge. I haven't turned back on a hill for years. Strangely, it didn't affect my mojo this time - just made me more desperate to climb that b***dy Sutherland B***d!!!

As for the Geldie Munros, I guess some of us will like them, some will not. So much depends on weather, really. I hope those of you who haven't done them yet, will be lucky with sunshine and blue sky.

Thanks all again,
BP
BlackPanther
Mountain Walker

Munros:260   Corbetts:172
Grahams:123   
Sub 2000:56   

Re: Fhidhleir & Sgarsoch: how I almost lost my mojo

Postby Valdon » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:35 pm

First post, just to add we were at Geldie lodge this morning having camped over night on completion of both Munros.
I've come across some midges but never have I experienced the clouds waiting for us to exit the tent this morning at 5am, Linn o Dee carpark was tame compared. Got home and put up the tent in the garden and had to use the garden hose on the inside to wash away the thousands of midges that had hitched a lift back with us :(
Valdon
Munro compleatist

Munros:162   

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland