walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Yes!!!!

Yes!!!!

Postby pollyh33 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:31 pm

Route description: Sgùrr na Banachdich

Munros included on this walk: Sgùrr na Banachdich

Date walked: 13/08/2016

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 8 km

Ascent: 948m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

What a weekend of compleat madness! What a group of amazing lunatics who showed me so much kindness in their tremendous gifts but also in their time. Thank you so much for giving up your weekend to make this such a memorable occasion. A wee special nod to 2manyyorkies for travelling up from York and to Chris Mutter who drove back to Jedburgh straight afterwards, I really appreciate the effort you guys made- true pals. For those who I didn't get to thank in person- Irene Morris and lovely Dave, Andy Lawson and Neil Ferguson. I owe you a big hug and a kiss. Gutted that you couldn't make it but life does get in the way. I hope you can tell from all the photos that I was mega chuffed with what you bought me! A huge thanks goes to my favourite Perthies Stevie Matt and Michael Souter for their joint effort in producing such a perfect piece of art. I loved it! And despite it being in Monty's, Scoob's, Theresa's and then my car it arrived home in one piece. Thank you Monty for providing the musical entertainment, it was superb. And to Quoman for not being too shabby on the guitar either! Lastly there are three people who were determined that I was having a compleation party and it was going to be one to remember. Gammy, Jonny616 and Mountain Thyme, you really are the best! Xxxxxx

And so it was number 282.........

There are so many people on this forum who have helped me get to this number and if I didn't say it at the time then I should have! Thank you. It was your walk reports, private messages, company and friendship that nudged me gently, or otherwise, along the way. But there was one special person who really did haul my big fearty backside over far too many pinnacles to mention and that is Rocket Ron. Its thanks to his diligence, bravery and endless patience that I even got within sniffing distance of the coveted final hill. Cheers Ron- you're one in a million...........XXXX

To my dad I was always his 'Polly Darling' and to my mum I was always her 'clever big lassie' but to you folks I was always Pollyh33 - thank you for letting me be part of your family XXXXX
a1.jpg

cc1a.jpg
cc2.jpg
cc3.jpg
cc6.jpg
cc7.jpg
cc8.jpg
cc9.jpg
cc10.jpg
cc11.jpg
cc12.jpg
cc13.jpg
cc14.jpg
cc15.jpg
cc16.jpg
cc17.jpg
cc18.jpg
cc20.jpg
cc21.jpg
cc1.jpg
Flag.jpg
Attachments
r1r.png
My compleation present from RR. Can't believe he remembered me admiring it years ago in the Torridon Inn!!
cc5.jpg
Last edited by pollyh33 on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Yes!!!!

Postby Collaciotach » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:08 pm

'S math a rínn sibh ..... Well done x
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:220
Fionas:49   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:27   
Islands:30

Postby pollyh33 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:20 pm

Collaciotach wrote:'S math a rínn sibh ..... Well done x

Tapadh leat Colla.

Should you be wandering around the Loch Coruisk area don't be surprised if you see a sheep wearing a Haglofs cap and another with a Saltire draped around its shoulders! :crazy: :crazy:

I'm hoping the Saltire flying freely through the air is a good omen for the future!!!! :D :D :D :D
pollyh33
Walker

Postby Beaner001 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:42 pm

Well done lassie, it's a great achievement, your avatar pic is a belter :clap:
Corbetto's next? :lol:
Beaner001
Mountain Walker

Munros:241   Corbetts:29
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   

Postby pollyh33 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:11 pm

Beaner001 wrote:Well done lassie, it's a great achievement, your avatar pic is a belter :clap:
Corbetto's next? :lol:

Cheers Matt.

Yeah the profile pic was thanks to David Main.

Totally open to any hills in the future as long as they are not down Glen Dessary! :( :(
pollyh33
Walker

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland