walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The crowds of an August Bank holiday

The crowds of an August Bank holiday

Postby Jaywizz » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:35 am

Donalds included on this walk: Lochcraig Head , Molls Cleuch Dod

Date walked: 27/08/2016

Distance: 12.9 km

Ascent: 754m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Should have known better - beautiful weather and an English Bank holiday! The path up to Loch Skeen was really busy, most people suitably attired for the steady ascent, already quite warm. i cut off round the east side of the loch, not as wet as I had expected (but maybe that's because I've walked in a lot of 'wet' recently) and then up the wall, on to the summit of Lochcraig Head. Busy - 4 people!! On to Molls Cleuch Dod - which I had to myself. Retraced my steps then down the gentle ridge back to the loch and the path down.
Quite worried here - first by a group who were off the path just above the main waterfall taking photos (just one slip ..........) and then by a young man, also coming down the path (in 'town' shoes) who professed himself to be feeling dizzy. Not carrying anything, not even a bottle of water, and the temperature was 21 degrees C when I got back to the car.
No headlines in the papers the next day so all must have got down safely.
Jaywizz
Wanderer

Munros:237   Corbetts:34
Fionas:71   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:172   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:4   Islands:26

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland