walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Meall nan Tarmachan (up and down again)

Meall nan Tarmachan (up and down again)

Postby KatTai » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:53 pm

Munros included on this walk: Meall nan Tarmachan

Date walked: 22/08/2016

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 8 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This is where I ended up after finding the route to Carn Gorm blocked by forestry work, and what a great walk! I wish I could have done the whole ridge, and I probably could have, but I couldn't get access to the WH page to see roughly how long it should take to know whether I had time or not (I have dog training on the Wednesday evenings). So we just decided to go up to the summit and then back down again.

The path is clear and easy to follow to the summit, though from the smaller summit the path up looked very steep it wasn't as bad as is looked. The dogs enjoyed a boggy bit, and then just below the summit I risked midge bites so they could have a splash around in a little pool. I'd forgotten to pack a toy so I used an empty bottle. The dogs were perfectly happy to play with that instead of one of their usual toys!

All in all, a very good quick walk option!

11.jpg
Me and my two hiking pals Moss on the left and Millie on the right kindly taken by another walker.

19.jpg
Millie in the pool

14.jpg
Moss making more of a splash!

23.jpg
At the summit - Munro number 17 for Millie, Dottie (the cuddly toy) and myself and number 12 for Moss!

h2.jpg
The rest of the ridge looking so tempting, but saved for another day!

g.jpg
I just liked this rock
KatTai
Wanderer

Munros:52   Corbetts:16
Fionas:12   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:52   
Islands:32

Re: Meall nan Tarmachan (up and down again)

Postby Sunset tripper » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:16 am

Brilliant pictures :D
Sunset tripper

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland