walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

windy on Beinn a gloh

windy on Beinn a gloh

Postby Coop » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:17 am

Route description: Beinn a' Ghlò

Munros included on this walk: Bràigh Coire Chruinn-bhalgain, Càrn Liath (Beinn a' Ghlò), Càrn nan Gabhar

Date walked: 06/10/2016

Time taken: 7.5 hours

Distance: 22 km

Ascent: 1239m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Headed to blair atholl and Beinn a gloh today.
Down to the wee Hut, bog hopped across to the scar faced hillside and then up to the summit on Carn liath. Wind was up so sat in the shelter!! for 10 before before venturing back out for the look ahead- which was good viewing.
Wow today was windy!
Hood up over my hat time.
Fantastic ridge/ side of ridge walk along to bccb keeping some of the wind off me
Carn nan gabhar- stunning, 2 large cairns/ shelters and a trig point.
Decision time, to go over the other top or back down to the beallach and along the boggy path.
Boggy path it was and I nearly managed to stay on my feet until just before it crossed the stream and onto the good track back. 2 or 3 big herds and stags bellowing all the way back.
It's a long walk back but an enjoyable walk.
3 days in the cairngorms over with and a final stop off in the whisky shop in Pitlochry to pick up a few miniatures.
Cap doffed to Beinn a gloh
Cheers
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:57+18
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland