walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Next Munro

Next Munro

Postby adamski » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:53 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Narnain

Date walked: 19/08/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Dear Friends

Today I intended to walk Beinn Ime 1011m but I only menaged to climb to the top of Beinn Narnain 926m. The weather changed for the worse and I have to abandon the climb. I took hard route at the start from a car park in Arrochar and did not realized the trail was so wet and in same places very dangerous. I came back down the mountain along The Cobbler route. It was more gentle. I met few climbers on the way and learned few "tricks of the trade". So I will approach Beinn Ime next time along The Cobbler route or maybe anybody knows other route? What about climbing Beinn Ime from the bottom of the Rest and Be Thankful ? Any sugestions?
Attachments
Me and Beinn Narnain.JPG
adamski
Hill Bagger

Munros:10   

Re: Next Munro

Postby 2dalmatians » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:17 am

Well done on Nairnan. I don't have any advice on which route to take to climb Beinn Ime, however I can 100% empathise with your experience. I went up same route to Nairnan yesteday but aborted before I got to the top because of the wind/rain - very scary -I think I may have taken a wrong turn as I seemed to be climbing up the left side. Climbing being the right word - at some points I was scrambling up 5-6ft rock face with big drops to the left (see my report 21st Aug). I don't usually let things beat me so I will probably go back up the same route (hopefully with a few other people) although I am tempted to use the Cobbler route for safety reasons! Anyway good luck with Ime whichever way you decide to climb it
2dalmatians
Mountaineer

Munros:38   Corbetts:3
Grahams:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:7   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland