walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Golden sunny Autumn in Kintail

Golden sunny Autumn in Kintail

by Petr Dakota » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:40 pm

Route description: Sgùrr nan Conbhairean round

Munros included on this walk: Càrn Ghluasaid, Sàil Chaorainn, Sgùrr nan Conbhairean

Date walked: 09/10/2016

Time taken: 5.18 hours

Distance: 18.04 km

Ascent: 1326m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Golden sunny Autumn in Kintail

Postby Petr Dakota » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:55 pm

Andrea Rosslyn wrote:Wow! Perfect conditions, amazing views....beautiful pictures. I am glad that you have been back on mountains :clap:
I believe that you enjoyed that day there, in so beautiful area. Also, healing power of the mountains...what is better? Great! Well done! :clap: :wink: 8)

Thank you :D Thanks belongs to the "perfect" conditions...weather...views...I was just lucky to be there in the time, enjoyed the mountains - getting the healing power :wink:
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

Munros:247   Corbetts:28
Fionas:8   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:12   Islands:1

Re: Golden sunny Autumn in Kintail

Postby Petr Dakota » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:15 pm

PerthAlly wrote:Aye, well done Petr. Superb photos

I've managed 25 munros this summer. Which is 4 more than I targeted . My season is almost over as I'm not much into winter walking :?

Would like to get half way in 2017 ie another 38 blue balloons! Might have to sacrifice some Saturday golf :lol:

Thank you Ally :D Glad you managed 25 Munros during this summer :clap: but don't give up your walking season yet, you can still find some nice days for the mountains ( and keep more saturdays for your golf then by the way ) :wink:
I love the mountains in Winter, clear snow & ice...frost rather than summer's boggs, clear fresh air, no midges, no sweat, less chance to get dehydrated....snowing rather than rain...pathless shortcuts in the snow...saving my joints and knees when descending in snow...the beautiful combination of white snow, blue sky and grey rock... 8) despite all the harder walks in deep snow :D
Looking forward to see your half way in 2017...all the Best !
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

Munros:247   Corbetts:28
Fionas:8   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:12   Islands:1

13 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland