walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn bhuidhe

Beinn bhuidhe

Postby Coop » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:20 pm

Route description: Beinn Bhuidhe, via Glen Fyne

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Bhuidhe

Date walked: 21/10/2016

Time taken: 7.5 hours

Distance: 22.5 km

Ascent: 955m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Glad this is out the way. Seemed a long way or maybe before this week I had gotten used to the starting points being a couple of hundred metres above sea level.
Great day for walking , long walk along the track until I started heading uphill though. Chose the WHighlands descent route to head up. Long steep pathless slog up.
Reached the crags and rockfaces and stumbled on the path up the steep gully more by accident/ good fortune. Reached the wee cairn at the top and turned right and went to the cairn at the nearby top; coir dubh.
Back down to the cairn and up to the summit. Trig point on it's side and a kinda shelter built on top of it.
Cloud blocking the views but had some good ones on the way up- across to ime, Ben vane and vorlich ( ?).
Back down the gully and arrived on the faint path till it reached where the diggers have torn a good bit of the hillside out.
Followed this until it reached an old hill track and this led down to the bridge over the river. Big coos and deer everywhere.
Nice walk back along to the fyne brewery and then a wee visit along to Inveraray.
Cracking day out.
Cap doffed to Beinn Bhuidhe. Not as boggy as I was expecting and a nice summit.
Cheers.
I wouldn't go up the way I went up again. My advice would be to turn left straight away after the gate before the sheepfolds.
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland