walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Each winter start

Beinn Each winter start

Postby U059361 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:54 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Each

Date walked: 04/11/2016

Time taken: 3.25 hours

Distance: 6.6 km

Ascent: 700m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walking from lay by at start of right of way through Glen Ample. Lovely in the sun and the shelter.
ImageArdnandave and Loch Lubnaig by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
The path through the trees is now cut by a new access track to a new hydro source, but he route is straight across and ever upwards. Once climbing up the hill it became much colder in the wind. There was even a flurry of snow near the top as all the hills disappeared into cloud.
ImageBeinn Each with Stuc a'Chroin in cloud by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
I ate my lunch here and waited for it to clear a bit.
ImageBen Ledi comes out of the cloud by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
It did eventually, but not before I got a dead finger, my hands were telling me time to go, so I headed back down fast.
So the first snow, first dead finger and first time four layers of clothing, guess it really is winter.
U059361
Rambler

Munros:101   Corbetts:34
Grahams:20   Donalds:27
Sub 2000:40   Hewitts:5

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland