walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Save It For The Summer!

Save It For The Summer!

Postby Valveman » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:13 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Dumglow

Date walked: 12/11/2016

Time taken: 1.35 hours

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Before embarking on this walk I did read the reports already uploaded onto this site. Boggy is a term used to describe it, however it does not do it justice in November. It is extremely boggy!!! :roll:
Still, it was a nice day when I set out at 1100.
Dumglow 1 small.jpg

Despite trying to follow the advised route, I had to improvise on several occasions to avoid being up to my knees in glaur. I was still almost passed boot level into the muck numerous times. :crazy:
Fifteen minutes into the walk I happened upon a chap who turned out to be the guy with the keys to the car park. Turns out it was to be locked at 1230 and if I hadn't met him I could have been locked in. Luckily he was a decent sort who stated he would go into "the town" (Dunfermline) and put his bets on to give me time to do my walk. :D
Instead of being able to take a more leisurely stroll around the hill and approach from a less steep incline I took the first chance I could at getting to the top. It was steeper than I thought!
Dumglow 4 small.jpg

Once at the top I took a few photos before rushing back to meet the keeper of the gates and leave before the car parked was locked up. I could have done with longer to explore and I most definitely could have done with gaiters!!!
Dumglow 5c small.jpg

The Black Loch -
The Black Loch small.jpg

Loch Leven view from summit -
Loch Leven Panorama from Dumglow small.jpg

Wet Wet Wet -
Wet Boots small.jpg

It would be a good walk - but only in the summer!
Valveman
Mountain Walker

Munros:63   Corbetts:13
Grahams:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:6   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland