walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Perfect winter walking day Part 2

Perfect winter walking day Part 2

Postby DaveH82 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:24 pm

Route description: Ben Chonzie via Glen Lednock

Munros included on this walk: Ben Chonzie

Date walked: 25/11/2016

Time taken: 3.9 hours

Distance: 12.7 km

Ascent: 741m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

After completing Meall Corranaich and Meall a'Choire Leith in the morning. I climbed Ben chonzie in the afternoon. After getting to the summit I walked back to to the corner of the fence posts and sat and watched the sun set. As I walked back down the track the sunset and colours got better and better. Completely dark by the time I got back to the car but managed it with out needing my head torch. This walk started as a walk which was purely to tick off another Munro. It ended up being one of my favourite ever, sitting in the snow watching the sun go down was incredible and the colours in the sky of the sunset were breathtaking, which my photos will never do justice to.
DaveH82
Mountain Walker

Munros:183   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:25   Hewitts:1
Islands:3

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland