walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

de ja vu on Schiehallion

de ja vu on Schiehallion

Postby Ian Bayne » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Munros included on this walk: Schiehallion

Date walked: 17/12/2016

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 12 km

Ascent: 731m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

730am start cold and icy no snow but a bitting wind .The same it was 5 years ago The route as per WH . Just me and the two dogs once sunrise you could see the hill cloud covered summit . Straight up and right back down no hingin aboot got to the summit at about 10am just like the last time a cold vicous wind and clouded in .
Boulder field dodgy covered in ice soft shoe shuffle time Stopped of at the large shelter for a brew then back down to the carpark then the hill came alive with people must have passed atleast 20 people heading up glad I had the hill to myself . Had a customary bud and a sanny at the carpark then home 5hrs on the hill
Attachments
CRIM0122.JPG
CRIM0128.JPG
CRIM0127.JPG
CRIM0139.JPG
the only patch of snow
042.jpg
CRIM0130.JPG
what the f*** the summit
CRIM0134.JPG
CRIM0133.JPG
Ian Bayne
Mountain Walker

Munros:184   Corbetts:39
Fionas:13   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:12   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland