walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Windy!

Windy!

Postby Barr » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:10 pm

Route description: The Tarmachan Ridge

Munros included on this walk: Meall nan Tarmachan

Date walked: 27/12/2016

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 6 km

Ascent: 1044m

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I'm Bárr, the collie, and this is my first walk report.

So the people took me in the car today, finally! They've all be sitting around eating some really tasty smelling stuff the last few days, and watching "Die Hard", whatever that is.

Getting ready to head off. I love this white stuff, hope there's more of it.

There is! Well, a little bit. My person isn't happy about the lack of it, but ... ooh a bird!

It was really windy! All this nice white stuff now really annoying! Going in my eyes and under my tail! Person put me on the lead, said something about "blown away". Dunno what that meant!

Heading back now. The people seemed happy to get out the house too. Hope there some of that "turkey" left, I liked that stuff.
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last edited by Barr on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barr

Munros:64   Corbetts:2
Donalds:1

Re: Windy!

Postby john.malley » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:21 pm

All of this rings very true from a collie's point of view!
john.malley
Stravaiging

Munros:167   Corbetts:7
Grahams:3   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:189
Wainwrights:214   

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland