walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Solstice seat

Solstice seat

Postby jameski » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:04 pm

Route description: Arthur's Seat and Holyrood Park, Edinburgh

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Arthur's Seat

Date walked: 21/06/2010

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 4.75 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

DSC00555.jpg
from the Crags, 22:00. magic
My first time up the Seat, certainly wouldn't be the last, but this one will always be a special memory (along with the 2012 Seven Hills ascent...) as it was also the day I learned I'd be moving to Edinburgh. a fantastic Solstice day that capped a week of 20+ degree weather across the Central Belt. didn't even start up the hill until 9pm. surprisingly, except for the photographers at the top, hardly saw a soul...everyone else was probably in the Meadows, or down the pub...!

a real treasure in the heart of the city. especially nice on a Sunday when as an added bonus there are no cars to speak of.
Attachments
DSC00548.jpg
onwards and upwards with the arts
DSC00569.jpg
Fifewards
DSC00565.jpg
a popular spot
DSC00580.jpg
photo crew on the descent
jameski
Mountaineer

Munros:2   Corbetts:5
Grahams:1   
Sub 2000:2   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland