walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Five Fantastic Days in the Wilds of the North West

Five Fantastic Days in the Wilds of the North West

by jupe1407 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:48 am

Route description: Beinn Dearg - the Four Munros circuit

Munros included on this walk: Am Faochagach, Beinn Dearg (Ullapool), Cona' Mheall, Eididh nan Clach Geala, Maol Chean-dearg, Meall nan Ceapraichean, Sgòr Gaoith

Date walked: 20/01/2017

Distance: 64.45 km

Ascent: 4261m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Five Fantastic Days in the Wilds of the North West

Postby arjh » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:28 pm

I know what you mean about An Ruadh Stac - in late 2015 I got to the bealach and only had time for one of the two peaks. I'm a southeast England-based walker on a solo Munro round, so Munro summits are at an absolute premium for me... and I still chose the Corbett. A magnificent mountain.

Great photos and trip report all round. :clap:
arjh
Wanderer

Munros:116   Corbetts:27
Fionas:14   Donalds:13+8
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:316
Wainwrights:187   Islands:6

Re: Five Fantastic Days in the Wilds of the North West

Postby jupe1407 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:14 am

Jaxter wrote:Heading oot the country....so my chances are pretty good :lol:

I refer you to my previous post :lol:

Enjoy!

arjh wrote:I know what you mean about An Ruadh Stac - in late 2015 I got to the bealach and only had time for one of the two peaks. I'm a southeast England-based walker on a solo Munro round, so Munro summits are at an absolute premium for me... and I still chose the Corbett. A magnificent mountain.

Great photos and trip report all round. :clap:

Thanks Arjh. I'm definitely going back for it this year. It just looks sensational from almost every viewpoint :D
jupe1407
Mountain Walker

Munros:269   Corbetts:52
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:6

11 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland