walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Nightmare on Beinn Enaiglair

Nightmare on Beinn Enaiglair

Postby Sunny Speyside » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:47 pm

Date walked: 19/11/2016

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 17.7 km

Ascent: 670m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

19.11.16.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

And it all started out so well with dawn breaking over An Teallach

AnT.JPG

All the makings of a great day :D

Lochan.JPG

But then the gathering before the storm blows in!

Gathering before the Storm.JPG

At this point I should have retreated - but just didn't know what was waiting round the corner :shock:

Icicles.JPG

Failed to factor in the depth of snow coupled with an unexpected (un forecast) blizzard meant I would struggle to complete this in daylight hours so finally had to turn back- following my footprints rather than having to navigate in white out :shock:
Scary stuff and one or two large drams required in Ullapool.
Too exhausted to even attempt walking tomorrow :(
Sunny Speyside
Stravaiging

Munros:253   Corbetts:62
Fionas:34   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:17   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland