walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ring of Steal in the sunshine

Ring of Steal in the sunshine

Postby Louise993 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Route description: The Ring of Steall, Mamores

Munros included on this walk: Am Bodach, An Gearanach, Sgùrr a' Mhàim, Stob Coire a' Chàirn

Date walked: 26/03/2017

Time taken: 10 hours

Distance: 17 km

Ascent: 1771m

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Another rare and priceless day on the hills.

This was a hard slog for me today but i was determined to do it, which i did! :clap:

I was expecting it to take me 12 hours so was surprised when it only took me 10hrs and 25mins.

I done the route clockwise

I did park at the Polldubh falls car park rather than the end one suggested on the WH. I did not fancy that long walk back to the car park once i got down and i was definitely thankful for that at the end. I did think i would have got a lift in the morning (by some fellow walkers) to the end car park but alas this was not to be :( If i had, this route would have only taken me just over 9 and a half hours, i reckon.

Absolutely brilliant day
Was rather disappointed in Devil's ridge ! was expecting a little more . I would say the descent off An Garbhanach was the most technical/scarey section of the day. Where my poles were packed away and gloves were put on for a fun bit of scrambling.

Route attached: I have absolutely no idea why the route seems to jut out and take a complete detour to the north! i have no recollection of this and cannot think why it is there?? i definitely did not go down An Bodach to then go back up again , if i had had to i reckon i would have said games a bogey :lol:

Met Sophie and Jamie from the hostel as they were coming down An Bodach and i was going up :) (lovely couple from Durham...i think)
Attachments

Move_2017_03_26_08_15_38_ Ring of Steal .gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Louise993
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:5   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland