walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Loch Lomond Walk- West Highland Way

Loch Lomond Walk- West Highland Way

Postby laurianna » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:38 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 04/04/2017

Time taken: 9.5 hours

Distance: 10 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

We enjoyed a wonderful day walking from Rowardennan to Bein Glas (14 miles) - a very picturesque route through different terrain and fantastic views of Loch Lomond. The picture was taken as we were leaving Loch Lomond behind, showing Dario's post - a memorial to a keen ultra marathon runner who did the West Highland Way race a number of times and sadly passed away a few years ago. The picture was taken not too far from Inverarnan and Bein Glas - a welcome campsite with a friendly pub and a chance to put your feet up after a long day! I would say this was the hardest part of the West Highland way and although it does not have too many ascents, the terrain near the Loch can be tricky with lots of boulders and tree routes to climb over so caution is advised, especially on a wet day. I would say that although I don't count this as my favourite part of the WHW it is an enjoyable walk.
Ben Lomond is worth climbing, although in hindsight it was a big challenge on that day!
Attachments
IMG_20150616_121958869.jpg
laurianna
Mountaineer

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland