walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Loch lochy pair

Loch lochy pair

Postby Coop » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:47 pm

Route description: Loch Lochy Munros from Kilfinnan

Munros included on this walk: Meall na Teanga, Sron a'Choire Ghairbh

Date walked: 09/04/2017

Time taken: 6.25 hours

Distance: 19 km

Ascent: 1258m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Back again after I was forced back on my last outing in the snow 3 weeks ago.
The lad decided to accompany me for only his 2nd outing so I had a choice.
I fancied Glen Tilt but didn't know if he'd be up for 20 miles!
Loch lochy again it was.
Rain was forecast for mid afternoon so it was away early and up to kilfinnan and walking by 5 past 8.
Cloud level was low and no real views but a good walk up to Cam bealach was had. Such a difference not trudging through knee drop snow. Up the zigzag path and onto the summit cairn. Hung around for 10 mins hoping for views, but - zilch. The lad said he didn't know if he'd make it down and up again to meall na teanga., so I said no probs- see how you feel when we get back down to the bealach.
On the way down with the clag clearing now and then, the path off up to meall na teanga can be made out.
I think seeing this sealed it for him, as I'd told him I didn't think there was much of a path up to No.2.
Up we went again at his pace on a good wee path.
Reached the summit and the views across to The Grey corrie's and Nevis range were- zilch again.
Didn't put him off - I could see how chuffed he was today getting to those 2 cairns.
Back down to the bealach and the same route back.
Rain started just as we were nearing the car - that was a bonus as well.
2 good hills and a good walk which would offer great views on a cloud free day, but hey ho. I've had a couple of good views recently so can't complain.
I'm off Friday and he said he'd come back out- so hopefully- we'll see.
Cap doffed to Meall na Teanga and Sron-a-Choire-Ghairbh
Cheers
Coop
Walker

Munros:259   Corbetts:92
Grahams:29   Donalds:40
Sub 2000:2   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland