walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Common Hill

Common Hill

Postby Johnoneill1916 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:53 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Common Hill

Date walked: 10/04/2017

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 8.7 km

Ascent: 213m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Chose a nice wee easy one to try and encourage my son and Mrs out onto the hills. Set off for the hours drive down to Douglas and parked at the outdoor centre just before the Hagshaw Hill Windfarm entrance and set off up the hill with Jimbob (My dad), Nikki, Dec and Daftarse .

P1210898.JPG
Nikki going up

P1210918.JPG
Papa Jimbob and Dec on the way up!

The weather was just perfect and the road was good and as we neared the turbines we had a wee go at jumping the blade shadows :)

P1210940.JPG
Jumping Shadows

After being clear of the sheep that Daftarse sooooo wanted to meet, I allowed Declan a little helping hand up the hill.

P1210955.JPG
A wee bit of canine assistance

Soon enough we were at the top to admire the view and pose for a few photos.

P1210977.JPG
Summit 360

P1210978.JPG
Daftarse looking for the rest

P1220011.JPG
A wee pose at the top

P1220019.JPG
And Again

P1220023.JPG
King of the Hill

From here it was just a gently stroll back down to the awaiting car and a good day had by all 8)
Johnoneill1916
Bird-watcher

Munros:11   Corbetts:4
Fionas:5   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:17   
Islands:7

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland