walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Ghlas

Ben Ghlas

Postby Alan McC » Tue May 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ghlas, Ben Lawers

Date walked: 07/05/2017

Time taken: 4 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The forecast was for good weather so wanted a fairly early start , So set of at 8 Oclock I had the place to myself which was brilliant as i had heard this hill is very popular . Set of through the Nature reserve which was very nice with great paths and the sound of birds everywhere and two wagtails followed me for part of the way . The path up was fantastic and i made pretty good time although i was puffing a bit , need to loose bit of weight lol . I did read that it was fairly easy but iv never climbed a hill that was easy theyre all tough . As i reached the top of Ben Ghlas the cloud came rolling in which was pretty spectacular to see although i was a bit concerned it would spoil the view . I had the summit all to myself which was brilliant i took a few photo s and a wee video and then set of to Ben Lawers throw the clouds
It took me around 45min to get to the summit of Ben lawers and just as i arrived at the top the cloud started to shift so the views where pretty spectacular . Once again i had the summit to myself for around 45 min before anyone else arrived so it was brilliant it was cold as the wind was pretty chilly but i hung about just taking it all in for 2 hrs before i set of back down , It was and is a fantastic Hill with great well Kept paths and amazing views . One of My Favourites
Alan McC
Mountain Walker

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland