walkhighlands

Read other users walk reports for the long distance trails - and add your own.

NB. This board is for reports on multi-day long distance routes - reports on simply long walks should be added to the standard boards.

Walking the Three Lochs Way with my 12yo son

Walking the Three Lochs Way with my 12yo son

Postby willemvanderzee » Tue May 09, 2017 8:22 pm

Route description: Three Lochs Way

Date walked: 23/04/2017

Time taken: 4 days

Distance: 53 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

It's the first time walking a long distance walk for my son Pepijn. So we've been searching for a walk with enough short stages. The Three Lochs Way is a ideal walk for that. There are also a lot of B & B's to sleep.

We walked the Three Lochs Way in 4 stages:
Balloch - Helensburgh
Helensburgh - Garelochhead
Garelochhead - Arrochar
Arrochar - Inveruglas

It's a very nice walk with beautiful views over the lochs. The stages are not very difficult although ther is a good climb halfway the first stage. The first part of the third stage isn't that great. It is mostly over tarmac, but later on the reward is a beautiful view over Loch Long.

There was one thing my son didn't like.Every day at the end we had to go to the waterfront to reach our B & B. So every morning we had to climb to our route again :D .

Pepijn and I had a very good time and I believe we will walk in Scotland again.
willemvanderzee
Walker

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free.

Can you help support the site and community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Long Distance routes