walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Lomond

Ben Lomond

Postby BARRY71 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:01 pm

Route description: Ben Lomond

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 22/04/2017

Time taken: 4.5 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

1st ever Munro.
Was told by various collegues that this would be a good one to start with.
I was blowing out my botty early doors, but soon got my 2nd wind and started to enjoy.
About 1/2hr from the summit i hit that mental wall where you feel like giving up, but being the stubborn person i am i kept going and boy i was glad i did. The weather was very clear and sunny albeit very windy at the top so the views were absolutely brilliant. Met someone i used to work with 9 year ago as i started my decent (small world).
Took my Chocolate Lab dog with me and she seemed to enjoy.
BARRY71
Mountain Walker

Munros:63   Corbetts:3
Fionas:3   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:3   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland