walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Report from The Czech Republic

Report from The Czech Republic

Postby pecadlo » Fri May 19, 2017 6:38 pm

Route description: Aonach Eagach

Munros included on this walk: Meall Dearg (Aonach Eagach), Sgòrr nam Fiannaidh (Aonach Eagach)

Date walked: 03/05/2017

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 10.4 km

Ascent: 1037m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

All right,
Sorry for my English, I´m not native speaker. We had a clear sky, sun was shining, and everything was dry. In this weather - it's not that difficult as I expected. Need just be very careful. I can´t imagine the route in bad conditions. There are several short parts (for example 4 meters vertical) II. level of UIAA grade. No so bad. Rest of the route classic walking adequate to Glencoe.

For tourist from abroad:
Czech, Slovak, Polish - adequate to Zapadní Tatry - Roháče - Ostrý Roháč
Alps nations - compare with A/B - B via Ferrata/Klettersteig in Alps.

That´s all friends:-)

Petr from The Czech Republic
pecadlo
Mountaineer

Re: Report from The Czech Republic

Postby Alteknacker » Sun May 21, 2017 12:11 am

Nice to hear from you, Petr. Any pics of your walk???
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland