walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Narnain and Beinn Ime

Beinn Narnain and Beinn Ime

Postby BARRY71 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:47 pm

Route description: Beinn Narnain and Beinn Ìme

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ìme, Beinn Narnain

Date walked: 21/05/2017

Time taken: 6.25 hours

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Checked the weather every day and every day it changed, so it was a case of lets go and see what we can do. First time not taking my dog (i think it went in the huff with me), and i'm glad. My friend took us up the Loch Long side of Beinn Narnain, which was easy enough early on, but that soon changed. Still relatively new to this great hobby i found that from about 3/4 of the way up it gets a bit tricky (probably not for experienced guys and gals). The weather closed in and at points you could not see the length of your arm and the rain was getting heavier and the wind getting rather blustery. There are parts where you have to put the poles away and start clambering up the rock face with what i have now found out to be a very long drop if you slip. Needless to say i had a squecky bum 10 mins until i got out of this section. Once we reached the summit the ususal couple of photos were taken but on this outing there were no views. We then headed down the other side which was straight forward to eventually start No2 for the day Beinn Ime. I had been previously been told this is not the hardest hill, but relentless. Due to the horrible conditions (which by this time were getting worse) the hill was very boggy. We reached the summit and had a photo and headed straight back down.
Even with the conditions being horrible and not getting to enjoy the views, i found this to be a great day out.
I feel it's good to challenge yourself in life, and i felt really positive when i got back to the carpark albeit rather wet.
BARRY71
Mountain Walker

Munros:63   Corbetts:3
Fionas:3   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:3   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland