walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn a' Bhuird

Beinn a' Bhuird

Postby kabu1 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:38 am

Munros included on this walk: Beinn a' Bhùird

Date walked: 22/05/2017

Time taken: 8 hours

Distance: 28 km

Ascent: 900m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walked with Ballater Walking Festival. Emma leading. Approximately 30 people out on this walk - Emma plus 4 helpers. I took my car to the start as I was leaving to come back home straight after. Also having had sore knee after previous days walk I wasn't sure if I could do it. However no pain from knee on way up though a bit stiff at the wonderful col at 900m. By the time we had been over and back to the North Top it was beginning to hurt on anything but the flattest of terrain. Emma proposed going back by the South Top but I knew I should go the most straightforward route & the gradient on the up route had been mostly very easy. I opted for that and in the end Ron one of the helpers came back with me - though Emma had been all for sending me off on my own - which given the number of helpers didn't seem fair. Anyway Ron was very good company & at one point gave me some vetwrap to help with the support - it gave me some comfort but I had some very bad pain every time there was a slight increase in the down gradient. By the time we got down I was very glad to get in my car - luckily an automatic & affected leg was left - though also a strain in right inner thigh.... Physio tomorrow! Other than that a grand day out.
kabu1
Hill Bagger

Munros:253   Corbetts:14
Fionas:9   Donalds:24
Sub 2000:16   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland